Job Description: The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) California Central Valley Office (CCVO) has responsibility for salmon, steelhead, and green sturgeon conservation and recovery in the geographic region from the San Francisco Bay east including waters of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and its tributaries to their headwaters in the Sierras. Contractor support services are required to provide the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (SFACA) with technical assistance with respect to salmon, steelhead, and green sturgeon.
As a Natural Resource Specialist III, your primary responsibilities are to independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of promoting the protection, conservation, and recovery of anadromous fish, marine fish, invertebrates and their habitat, specifically with technical assistance with respect to salmon, steelhead, and green sturgeon in the SFACA region. Each individual work component will detail the requirements. All work performed will be for a specified fishery management, resource protection, habitat conservation project or a specified scientific research project.
Selected individual(s) must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in biology or field of study relating and two (2) years of experience relating to specific task order.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Ability to perform a variety of complex scientific tasks such as:
- Field sampling and data collection
- Analysis of data
- Information collection, synthesis and analysis
- Report writing
- Related organizational activities.
- A working knowledge of salmonid and sturgeon life history with the California Central Valley.
- A general understanding of the Endangered Species Act section 7 and section 10 consultation process.
- Efficiency in using word-processing programs (specifically Microsoft Word) to develop written documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
All candidates must fill out the Candidate Info Sheet – https://goo.gl/forms/Ln6DtXIWV6WhQHYq1