Front-end Data Visualization Developer, Boulder, Colorado
Lynker is seeking a front-end developer who writes clear, concise code to deliver novel, informative, and understandable scientific data visualization experiences for resource managers and resiliency planners working in the fields of natural hazards risk assessment, and for elected representatives who need information to help better invest limited resources for mitigating hazard impacts. Our ideal candidate is ready to work with our existing hazard scientists, risk planners, code developers, and geospatial technologists to build intuitive and stunning web-based visualizations and shares our passion for functional design. Lynker embraces a collaborative, agile environment across various disciplines from water resources science and planning to assessing the impacts of climate change. All of our result-driven visualization products involve trailblazing techniques and innovative solutions to create real change and encourage greater investment and engagement towards sustainable planning objectives. If you do amazing data viz development work, have fun doing it, and enjoy working with a talented multi-disciplinary team focused on saving the planet, then apply now to join our team based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Front-end development and coding experience with a familiarity in data visualization and interactive design. You must have a solid foundation in the following:
- C++, Python
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Experience building single page web applications
- Experience using and implementing REST based APIs
- Experience writing and implementing Unit and UI tests
- UI Frameworks such as Vue
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Experience with custom development within the Esri AGOL environment
- Graphing modules like Chart.js and MultiGraph.
- An interest in AI, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, and large data
- WebGL, Three.js, Leaflet.js, Mapbox, Turf.js, npm, babel, and webpack
- Familiarity or Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Pay and Position title commensurate with education, experience, and skill.
Lynker is a dynamic, fun, rapidly expanding company doing positive work towards a more sustainable planet. We are looking for the right people to help move us forward. Please include in your application your resume, cover letter, and links to some existing visualization products you have developed.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost-effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.