Lynker Technologies on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for a Database Developer with the following skill sets.
In This Position You Will
- Provide detailed analysis of problems; prepare detailed design documents with recommendation, Support and enhance existing database schemas.
- Analyze performance of applications and take actions to prevent performance issues. Provide support to QA team with data comparison.
- Work collaboratively with other developers to design and develop APIs needed for applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve production support issues.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of new processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Expertise in database schema design and maintenance, expertise designing and tuning highly available and high-volume transactional database.
- Expertise with data replication and data migration tools and knowledge of the programming best practices.
- Provides input to and collaborates with cross-teams.
- Assists with planning, designing, documenting, installing, configuring and maintaining database systems
Skills and Requirements
- Working knowledge of constructing and deployment of SSIS and SSRS
- Familiarity with the setup, configuration and operation of the OpenData Protocol utilizing C#
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, and GIS products
- Experience with both spatial and non- spatial data.
- REST API design experience with JSON and XML
- SQL development experience
- BA/BS (equivalent technical training and/or certifications can be substituted for academic degrees).
- 8 years minimum experience.
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS is a big plus
- Working knowledge of ApexSQL Suite or similar tools
- Experience with .NET or other ORMs
- Experience with Node.js frameworks like express is a plus
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Adapting Stormwater Management for Coastal Floodshttps://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/training/stormwater-floods.html
- Sea Level Rise Viewer
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
- Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Data Access Viewer
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.