Lynker is seeking a part-time Facilities/Maintenance Worker to support the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, Pacific Island Region (ONMS PIR) operations for the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary Visitor Center (HIHWNMS) located on Maui.
As the Facilities/Maintenance Worker, you are responsible for making sure Visitor Center buildings and their services meet the needs of the Sanctuary and its stakeholders, including cleaning, security, parking, and grounds.
Your responsibilities include:
- Conducting weekly inspection of grounds for safety and security
- Working with Deputy Superintendent to assess the needs of the building or grounds.
- Maintaining all aspects of the building’s operations (grounds/landscaping, HVAC, boiler, hot water, fresh and saltwater systems, safety equipment, lighting, janitorial oversight, restrooms, etc.).
- Overseeing and/or ensuring completion of daily janitorial work on the interior and exterior of buildings and grounds.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and adequately supplied with toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, air fresheners, etc.
- Ensuring office areas are regularly cleaned (vacuumed, dusted, mopped, trash removed, etc.)
- Ensuring maintenance of grounds, keep lawns healthy, and cuts, prunes vegetation weekly, as necessary
- Ensuring maintenance equipment and cleans vehicles.
- Maintaining Center exhibits, clean, repair, replace items as needed.
- Performing simple repairs such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical.
- Scheduling required maintenance and inspections with vendors (elevator, overhead door, extinguishers, HVAC, etc.).
- Assisting with research from purchasing or service contract development, progress on same and documentation.
- Meeting with state and local representatives on building issues as they arise.
- Maintaining LEED certification requirements and documentation.
- Documenting maintenance cycles and completion.
- Assisting with general maintenance of the vessel, and provides occasional support for vessel missions as crew.
- Coordinating volunteer and/or community service workers.
- Assessing and reporting safety hazards, providing improvements as directed.
- Supporting marine stranding work, special events and emergencies as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience working in a similar position involving janitorial, landscaping, facilities maintenance, and repair including carpentry, painting, and electrical, plumbing, irrigation and general construction.
- Experience in facilities maintenance and repair, landscaping, irrigation maintenance is required,and knowledge of native plant restoration is desired.
- Able to assess a wide variety of facility problems and repair them efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Able to identify appropriate tradespeople to complete maintenance and repair, and able to assist in evaluating proposals from potential contractors.
- Able to operate and maintain a variety of power tools, hand tools and cleaning equipment.
- Experienced in cleaning, landscaping and building maintenance schedules and materials.
- Experience managing supplies and anticipating future needs.
- Committed to sound environmental work practices.
- Able to interpret technical documents to maintain equipment and make repairs.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and able to prioritize.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with customer service.
- General computer skills with ability to easily navigate emails and internet searches.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.