Budget Analyst – Lynker
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and agency information.
- Collect and maintain data required for budget planning and execution activities, including tracking commitments and obligations, running reports, and maintaining accurate files.
- Prepare responses to actions, reports and presentations of budget and financial data for colleagues and upper management.
- Analyze data for discrepancies; take appropriate steps to resolve issues based on Federal direction.
- Conduct financial analyses of NCEI data as provided.
- Consolidate input pertaining to the development and drafting of NCEI financial policies and procedures, and FY+1 budget tools.
- Development and maintenance of budget-related collaborative tools.
- Interact (including lead for assignment-specific communications) with NCEI Leadership and Program Managers. Responsible for providing information and guidance, recording leadership decisions and adjusting relevant document accordingly.
- Prepare responses to data calls in support of NOAA Capital Planning procedures such as OMB-300, FITARA, and eCPIC on a quarterly basis.
- Three years of experience in budget formulation, budget execution, or a combination of the two.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.