Lynker Technologies on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for a Cloud and Site Reliability Engineer with the following skill sets.
In This Position You Will
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of cloud services and solutions such as Azure and AWS.
- Deploys and maintains cloud-based solutions to meet requirements.
- Migrating from on-premise infrastructure to cloud infrastructure
- Provide best practices, standards, training, and general support for the cloud environment
- Manage Windows Server(s) including failover clustering & Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Administer, execute, and document security controls for cloud resource, including system access and compliance needs, to ensure integrity, confidentiality, governance of data and systems per policy
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in another Technical or Scientific Discipline (High school diploma and professional certification(s) can be substituted for education) and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with some or all of the PaaS products below
- Azure Web App Service
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Azure Static Site Hosting
- AWS S3
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- CDN (Azure/AWS) * Demonstrated IaaS experience in Azure or AWS
- Experience with Devops practices and solutions like,
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), Atlassian Bamboo/Bitbucket preferred
- Scripting/Programming in languages like Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby for automation
- Automation solutions using Git and SVN version control systems
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates * Site Reliability Experience including
- Monitoring and Alerts for cloud services availability
- Performance Monitoring for cloud solutions
- Debugging performance and availability issues in cloud services and applications
- Azure Application Insights * Experience with .NET and Node.js development ecosystems
- Strong practical Linux systems administration skills
- Strong practical Windows systems administration skills
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Amazon AWS Certification
- Experience administering GIS and Big Data in Cloud Environments
- Experience with ArcGIS Server and ESRI Products in Cloud
- Experience with automating ETL and Deploy workflows for GIS datasets like Shapefiles, GDBs, ArcGIS MXDs, Image Services
- Experience with Infrastructure as code products like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- “Dockerizing” existing on-prem infrastructure projects using Kubernetes Clusters
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Adapting Stormwater Management for Coastal Floodshttps://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/training/stormwater-floods.html
- Sea Level Rise Viewer
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
- Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Data Access Viewer
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.