Administrative Specialist – Lynker
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and agency information.
- Provide overall administrative office support, including but not limited to clerical duties, answering phones, greeting visitors, monitoring email, maintaining calendars and acting as a resource for administrative procedures.
- Populate, as directed, and review forms and documents for accuracy, completeness, and quality, and raise content concerns to appropriate managers and subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Assist with time and attendance recordkeeping.
- Collaborate with other administrative assistants across the organization and participate in efforts to coordinate administrative functions.
- Coordinate logistics in the preparation and hosting of large group meetings, workshops, conference, and events. This includes, but is not limited to registration, meeting room set-up, materials preparation, and related exigencies.
- Participate in administrative projects.
- Assist with maintaining Federal personnel files, and in-processing and out-processing of staff (Federal and affiliate).
- Assist with site safety inspections and reporting.
- Assist with shipping and receiving.
- Assist with coordinating facility maintenance.
- Maintain tracking logs for deliveries, visitors, and distribution of room keys.
- Coordinate office space assignments for new/current staff.
- Assist with obtaining new phone numbers or switching numbers.
- Coordinate ordering of office supplies and maintaining office supply inventory.
- Suggest improvements for administrative practices.
- Monitor e-mail for key issues, actions, follow-ups, milestones, meetings & events. Provide input to prioritize activities for senior staff.
- Provide assistance to the NCEI Trusted Agents for security badge initiation and renewals.
- Initiate purchase requests and document review requests using the appropriate DOC, NOAA, NESDIS or NCEI online system. Track the requests to completion.
- Support leadership activities by tracking management-identified issues and compiling documents for review and signature.
- Prioritize, per federal direction, incoming and outgoing communications (i.e., electronic mail and general correspondence), and calendar appointments and events for senior management staff.
- Initiate, assign, track, and respond to administrative actions originating from both internal and external stakeholders, and maintain all supporting documentation for future access.
- Support reviews of program functions.
- Support the analysis of business procedures.
- One year of experience or greater
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.