Silver Spring, MD
Lynker Technologies, LLC is seeking to hire a data specialist in the field of oceanography to support NOAA’s Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS) with work related to the analysis of tidal datums.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating across National Ocean Service offices to help advance NOAA’s tidal datum products and services, which support marine boundary delineation, coastal engineering, and other uses.
- Support the computation, maintenance, and publication of updated tidal datums and related products for new, existing, and historic water level stations. This work involves the review and analysis of tidal observations, water level station metadata, and sensor and benchmark network stability.
- Provide detailed information or troubleshooting support of tidal datum products using database queries, metadata source investigations, or other in-depth analyses.
- Assist with the revision of standard operating procedures used to analyze oceanographic data and generate products.
- Assist with the development of presentations, technical reports, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support related projects or working groups within CO-OPS or across National Ocean Service offices.
Qualifications and skills sought for this position:
- Master’s Degree in oceanography or another field of geosciences plus two years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields and four years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of oceanographic principles, theories, and practices sufficient to process and analyze data is required.
- A demonstrated ability to self-manage workload, collaborate well with others, and meet deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in using a desktop computer, MS Office Suite, and Google Collaboration Suite for analyzing and processing data and developing and editing documents.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- General database and query experience and familiarity with GIS are required; Matlab or Python skills are a plus.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.