The Accounting Assistant will report to Controller and assist with all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
* Assist Controller with all accounting operational transactions including Billing and Collection, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
* Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements
* Assist with the coordination and preparation of regulatory reporting
* Assist in month-end and year-end close process
* 3 Years of experience as Accounting Clerk or Bookkeeper
* College degree preferred
* Experience with government contractor (preferred)
* Experience working with payroll
* Experience with Paychex
* Experience with QuickBooks
* Experience with Microsoft NAV (preferred)
* Experience with Client Billing and Accounts Payable
* Understanding of accounting principles and procedures
* Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
* Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
* Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of applications software (excel and accounting software).
* Knowledge of corporate accounting, including indirect pools and payroll.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
* Must be dependable and a self-starter.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.