Day to Day responsibilities:
This role involves supporting Lynker’s NOAA Fisheries Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) library by organizing and managing high quality archives, special collections, and digital collections, and developing and promoting library services to enhance the impact of these archives and collections on PIFSC research staff. As an Data Archivist I for the PIFSC Science Operations Division (SOD), your primary responsibilities are to:
- Promote the use of the library by scientific staff, researchers, cooperating institutions, and the public
- Circulate and track library books and check in journal issues
- Process interlibrary loan requests and participate in the wide network of lending libraries in OCLC Worldshare
- Support and/or lead a variety of digital initiative projects related to digitization and/or digital collection management
- Maintain, develop, and improve access to electronic resources
- Assign permanent identifies (DOI) to PIFSC published manuscripts and to archived data sets
- Complete all library information requests in a timely manner
- Catalog all books, serials, and periodicals utilizing MARC bibliographic formats, traditional cataloging and classification standards (e.g. LCSH), and metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core) to ensure easy location by library patrons
- Consult with PIFSC research staff and Division Directors for collection development that meets the mission and objectives of PIFSC research
- Perform stack maintenance, shelve books and materials, and prepare volumes for binding
- Perform best practices for preservation of books and materials
- Participate in business meetings and professional activities as necessary for performance of duties within the scope of work
- Attend agency specific training with prior approval from the project lead
The Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. PIFSC library has a requirement for the organization and management of high quality archives, special collections, and digital collections, and for developing and promoting library services to enhance the impact of these archives and collections on PIFSC research staff.
Must Have Skills and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited four (4) year college; Three (3) years of responsible post-university work experience in editing English-language publications; Two (2) years of work experience as a full-time scientific and technical editor.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science
- Working knowledge of traditional and electronic information resources;
- Reference experience;
- Evidence of strong commitment to service and research;
- Experience with information literacy instruction;
- Evidence of working in teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience performing research with fisheries, oceanography, socioeconomics, protected resources, and related fields of study.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
A Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Marine Sciences, or related field.
All candidates MUSTfill out the Candidate Info Sheet – https://goo.gl/forms/Ln6DtXIWV6WhQHYq1
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.