Lynker Technologies on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for a UI/UX Developer with the following skill sets.
In This Position You Will
- Collaborate with project teams to create interfaces based on user requirements, feedback and best practices following an industry standard product development process
- Develop prototype user experiences with wireframes
- Develop and maintain applications based on UI guidelines to ensure pages are standards-compliant, universally accessible, and cross-browser compatible
- Participate in research, planning, and brainstorming with development and project teams
Skills and Requirements
- Located in Charleston, South Carolina or able to relocate
- Three-plus years of experience in interactive or front-end web design
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3, CSS Precompilers like SASS or LESS.
- Understand the user experience and how to analyze and test usability
- A great portfolio that demonstrates your design and web development skills
- Mobile and responsive design experience
- Team player with proven ability to work with client and project teams
- You will be expected to complete an on-site and/or take home assignment for this position.
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- Familiarity with Agile
- Any experience with frameworks like Angular, React, Vue or jQuery is a plus
- Experience with ParcelJS or other web application bundlers
- Experience with static site generators like Middleman, Jekyll or Hugo
- An understanding of 508 Compliance
- OpenSource contributions and StackOverflow reputation is a plus
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Adapting Stormwater Management for Coastal Floodshttps://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/training/stormwater-floods.html
- Sea Level Rise Viewer
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
- Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Data Access Viewer
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.