Lynker Technologies on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for a Application Developer with the following skill sets.
In This Position You Will
- Interact with project teams to understand requirements and translate them into innovative solutions
- Work closely with a team of talented developers to design, develop, test, deploy, and support web-based applications, following an industry standard product development process in cutting-edge technologies
- Participate in research, planning, and brainstorming with development and project teams
- Participate as a member of a technical team that proactively plans the implementation of enterprise systems across a wide platform of technologies
Skills and Requirements
- Located in Charleston, South Carolina or able to relocate
- Experience using RESTful JSON web services
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js or jQuery
- Proficient with tools like Grunt, Gulp, Yeoman, Bower, Karma, Webpack,Parcel.js
- Experience with Jasmine/Mocha, LESS/SASS is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and five-plus years of experience in software development or Master’s degree in computer science and three-plus years of experience
- You will be expected to complete an on-site and/or take home assignment for this position.
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems like Bamboo/Jenkins
- Knowledge of cloud solutions and services such as Azure and AWS
- Experience with Node.js and related frameworks like Express, Socket.io, Sails.js
- Familiarity with the concept of using an ORM (object relational mapping) library for data intensive applications (e.g., Sequelize for Node.js)
- Visualization frameworks like D3, Highcharts
- Experience with static site generators like Middleman, Jekyll or Hugo
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Ruby or Python
- A great portfolio that demonstrates web development skills
- OpenSource contributions and StackOverflow reputation is a plus
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Adapting Stormwater Management for Coastal Floodshttps://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/training/stormwater-floods.html
- Sea Level Rise Viewer
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
- Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Data Access Viewer
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.