Lynker is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to support both data transformation efforts and efficient and productive delivery following the DevOps model. Someone who has a passion for data analysis and server-side web application development as well as experience on a team configuring, automating, and optimizing development, QA, and production platforms to increase delivery velocity and maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are a key member of the IT team supporting the entire lifecycle of our client’s mission essential applications. You will be supporting the end-to-end software delivery process and automating the build, deployment, validation and monitoring frameworks. You must have a passion for data analysis, software development, release cycles, performance monitoring, operations excellence, and cloud platforms. Hands on experience working with databases is essential to succeed in this role. Experience with software development lifecycles, modern build tools, virtual environment management, continuous integration and delivery is additionally important.
You’ll need the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues and not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and help integrate technology across platforms. This includes an understanding of systems, data structures, multiple cloud platforms, and scripting as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems.
- Perform periodic extract, transform, load (ETL) tasks to feed client systems
- Understand, implement, and automate builds, deployments, validations, and configurations
- Help build, maintain, and execute automated CI / CD pipelines for development, QA, and production
- Instrument code, build tools, and dashboards to help visualize and understand real-time system health, usage, and performance metrics
- Help maintain the infrastructure and service health monitoring process to enable proactive issue mitigation and expedited issue resolution
- Apply appropriate controls to pipelines to facilitate fast release cycles with minimal risk
- Provide input into best practices for source control, continuous integration, release management, and validation
- Bring an understanding of open source automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our products
- Continuously improve our build and deployment processes
- Identify opportunities to automate and deliver self service capabilities for the most common infrastructure and tasks
- Exhibit an understanding of various cloud platforms
- Participate in sprint planning
- BS/BA in related discipline with 3+ years’ experience in related field – OR – MS/MA and 1+ years’ experience in related field
- Experience writing and maintaining SQL scripts in Oracle or a similar database
- Experience in an Agile environment with ability to coordinate cross-functional work towards task completion
- Experience with Linux / Unix and Windows platforms
- Experience working in development environments
- Experience working in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) including experience with orchestration and CI systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium and JMeter and integrating them with orchestration engines with as Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell), configuration and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and version control (Git, TFS)
- Some experience with Java
- Displays critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to complex challenges
- Makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive; works well in a team
- Good verbal and written communication, collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Experience in configuring Maven repositories
- Working knowledge of security standards, best practices and understanding of and experience implementing “Security as Code”
- Willingness to assist in UI and back-end software development activities
- Experience with REST web service development
- Experience with Kubernetes
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions. Our focus on our employees has been recognized by the Washing Business Journal in awards the Best Places to Work in 2018 and by Comparably who awarded us a Best Company for Work/Life Balance also in 2018.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.