Communications and Outreach Specialist – Lynker
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare scientific illustrations, graphics, charts, photographic images, graphs, figures, maps, pamphlets, and other visual communication products incorporated into professional publications
- Use government-provided off-the-shelf graphic design software to produce visual communication products for print, electronic presentations, briefings, and the web, such as reports, brochures, banners, posters, diagrams/figures, electronic publications and illustrations
- Some requirements under this section require a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Produce visually compelling designs which enhance understanding using graphic design principles and aesthetic design concepts. Edit and reformat photos, graphics, and images for consistency, accuracy, and composition for professional publication.
- Create maps and geographic information for use in multimedia and websites.
- Provide assistance with project tracking and ticketing system.
- Understanding of copyright compliance and management of related issues and risks.
- Develop videos for web and social media including using Government-provided, off the shelf software to address 508 compliance
- Create scientific data visualizations for use in multimedia and websites. Create interactive graphics for online and website use.
- Develop communication strategies, conduct meetings, organize team collaboration and coordinate graphics development across teams.
- Develop graphical and photographic filing and organizational systems.
- Do PDF remediation to address 508 compliance using government-provided software.
- Coordinate with the Government Publishing Office to develop quotes for customers who need large printing services.
- Edit and proofread work assignments, including but not limited to articles for the public, scientific publications, posters, and presentations, using appropriate technical and scientific writing services
- Research and analyze recommended audiences for communication initiatives and assist in the development and execution of a communications and external affairs strategy to communicate office mission, goals, and programs.
- Draft, coordinate, and execute website content, assist with website strategic development, and maintain certain pages within NCEI domain websites.
- Provide guidance in social media strategies and best practices. Draft, coordinate, and execute social media plans to support promotion of NCEI activities.
- Provide web and social media statistics and develop metrics based on use of government-provided software and tools.
- Develop, provide style and format guides, and prepare procedures, instructions, and manuals for physical and online communication activities.
- Draft, review, edit, and coordinate documents such as talking points, procedures, action items, speeches, blogs, reports for both internal and external use, and written articles for web, print and broadcast media
- Provide planning, preparation and input for conferences, briefings, meetings, working groups, and teams.
- Provide outreach, education and communication event management. Support demonstrations and displays to include planning, set-up, monitoring and disassembly of demonstration/display material.
- Research and develop promotional materials to support events. Provide notetaking services for events and meetings.
- Coordinate education efforts, respond to education requests and coordinate scientists visiting classrooms with materials and activities. Support creation of new educational activities to support broader-NOAA education efforts. Organize NCEI education materials, maintain stock, and create information packets as needed.
- Develop internal communications strategies and write emails and messages to support internal communication efforts.
- Assist with NCEI legislative engagement, under Federal Task supervision including, drafting and coordinating materials, coordinating legislative visits, drafting briefing materials, and developing legislative plans in line with NESDIS and NOAA legislative efforts. Draft and coordinate legislative responses to requests for information.
- Assist with coordinating media requests and providing support to NCEI staff conducting interviews by assisting with preparation, coordinating logistics or coordinating response to media questions.
- Develop strategic communication, outreach, engagement, and external communication plans. Provide leadership in implementing and coordinating plans across NCEI.
- Coordinate NCEI related media requests and facilitate interviews with NCEI subject matter experts.
- Support for activities identified in this section may require support on Saturday or Sunday, on a very limited basis.
- Obtain, coordinate, and compile data from independent observations, reviews with staff members, and/or studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- One year of experience or greater
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services with offices in Leesburg, VA and Boulder, CO. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.